Exhibiting at the Fair
Over 4,000 open class exhibits are entered in the McLeod County fair each year! There are a variety of different departments, classes and lots that define how and where an exhibit should be entered. Exhibiting at the fair is open to everyone, general exhibits have no entry fee (livestock does), and depending on how you place, you’ll have a premium check (prize money!) to pick up from the fair office on the last night of the fair!
Info & Entry Forms
select either image below for a link to the general exhibit or livestock exhibitor pages that include more information and deadlines, along with entry forms and a link to the FairEntry Online Entry Program:
How to Enter an exhibit:
- Look through the Open Class Exhibitor’s Book to see what types of projects are eligible. This is the guide to entering animals or items in the fair, deadlines, rules and premiums paid (yes, you could make money!)
- In the Exhibitor’s Book, select your desired department (ex. Department 4: Dairy). Within each department, you will find different classes. Within each class, select the specific lot that matches the description of your project(s).
- The best way to register your entries is with our FairEntry registration program online. There is also the option to submit entries on a paper entry form to be mailed or dropped off a the fair office before the fair begins. See entry deadlines.
- Exhibits need to be brought to the fair on Entry Day (Tuesday, before the start of the fair). See the exhibitor’s book for a list of entry times. Entries must be taken and entered into each respective department that they belong. If you’re not sure where that is, find a volunteer and they’ll be happy to direct you.
- At the entry table, there are volunteers ready to assist you in finding your entry tags. They will guide you through the procedures for their department.
- To be considered for judging, all exhibits must be entered within the specified entry times. All exhibits will remain on display through the duration of the fair. Non-livestock exhibits are judged privately, and placings will be complete with awards posted on display for the opening of the fair, 9am Thursday. For livestock, judging is a public event that takes place at a scheduled time during the fair.
- All exhibits are released at 8:00 pm on Sunday. If your item placed, you will be receiving a premium check. Checks should be picked up in the fair office on Sunday evening before leaving.