*taken from page 4 of the Premium Book:
31. The Market Street Gate
is a “Pass Only” gate and will be open for your convenience during the busiest times at our main gates. HOURS HAVE CHANGED! Gates will be locked at 9:00am each day (noon on Wednesday) and re-opened from 4:00-8:00pm each evening.
The gate will be open for extended hours on Sunday from NOON – 8pm for your convenience bringing in trailers and moving out campers throughout the day.
32. VEHICLE PARKING:
Vehicle passes are no longer needed for parking in the East parking lot.NO PARKING VEHCLES NEXT TO BARNS
to allow adequate space for livestock traffic and access to barns.TRAILERS: (if you have a camping space – see trailer parking info included under Camping)33. NO TRAILER PARKING WITHIN THE FAIRGROUNDS THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY OF THE FAIR (unless within in a camper space).
- Any trailers remaining Thursday morning will be removed at the owner’s expense. Trailers may begin parking in the lot Sunday.
- If trailers are not taken home, there is parking space designated in the field to the southeast of the grandstand fence for your use (signage will direct you). Trailers do not need to be registered at the fair office and will have no specific parking spaces.
- Trailers can be accessed at any time by using the grandstand pit access road. Passes required for re-entry into the fair. Parking is for your convenience and is not located within the fenced in property of the fairgrounds – you are liable for your trailer/contents.
34. It is important that your trailer drivers understand the traffic flow to avoid congestion:
CAMPING: **NEW SIGN-UP DETAILS!**
- During load in/out on Wednesday/Sunday, use the Market Street gate for trailer traffic. Keep to the right and circle in a counter-clockwise rotation, exiting the Market Street gate when unloaded/loaded. See map on the website or the fair office for reference.
- Do not park in a way that will block the flow of traffic or access to vehicles or trailers. If possible, lead your animals to/from your parked trailer to help avoid congestion along livestock buildings and the roadway.
35. Camping on the grounds is limited to livestock exhibitors and fair board members. All campers must be pre-registered in the fair office. Camping space is limited to the first 43 campers registered (and fills fast that morning)
. Registration opens in the fair office on Thursday, August 1st at 8:30 am. Only 1 camp-site reservation per person at registration & NO GROUP RESERVATIONS.
If you call the office or leave a phone message to reserve your space, the people in line at the office will be helped first. A camping fee of $80.00/camper
and signed agreement is needed to reserve a space. The camping fee INCLUDES 2 EXHBITOR PASSES
. Only one camping unit allowed per campsite. No water or electrical hookups. Camping spaces are 25’x40’. Campers must provide their own personal quiet
generator to fulfill any power needs. The McLeod County Agricultural Association is not liable for any accidents and assumes no liability with incidents associated with campers or any individuals involved.
- If have a camping space, a livestock trailer may be parked on site. Trailers must fit within your 25’ wide space with your camper.
- Vehicle Parking: The fair is not liable for ensuring that vehicles refrain from parking in front of your camper spaces. Spaces are only marked out to specify the width of the space, not length.
- The Minnesota Department of Health has requested that a minimum separation distance of 7 feet be maintained between the sides of adjacent recreational camping vehicles. Therefore, each camper must stay 3.5 feet away from the dividing lines on each side of your 25’ wide space. This includes steps and slide outs. A trailer parked along-side your camper is not included in the 7’ distance, but must stay within the lines of your space to allow neighboring camper doors to open, etc. Please be respectful to your neighboring campers.